Kim Namjoon – RM
Kim Namjoon, aka RM, is the leader\spokesperson of the famous South Korean boy group BTS formed under Big Hit Entertainment. With a massive fan base and a record-breaking media presence – plus the supergroup’s frequent interactions with the millions-strong fan “Army” on social media – not a lot remains hidden about the lives of the BTS members. Still, there are a lotta interesting facts left to discover about the group and him.
So here are some Namjoon Facts that i bet some of you ARMY didn’t knew before!
Stage name: RM (RAP MONSTER)
Real name: Kim Nam-Joon
Role: Rapper, Songwriter, & Record Producer
Birthplace: Dongjak-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Birthday: September 12, 1994
RM Fanpage: @RM_4real
BTS RM FACTS!!!
Namjoon FACTS!!! (Likes & Dislikes)
- His favorite number is 1.
- He likes black, purple, and pink.
- He is a supporter of LGBT rights.
- He doesn’t eat seafood and hates cigarettes.
- He loves catching little crabs.
- He loves sweet snacks like cotton candy, chocolates, and cakes.
- He has a pet dog named Rap-Mon.
- One of his favorite movies is “Eternal Sunshine.”
- He likes to read books to study vocabulary to improve his lyrics.
- He really likes to imitate his members.
- His favorite karaoke song used to be Supreme Team’s “Ddaeng Daeng Daeng.”
- His favorite dance move is swinging his arms side to side.
- He likes to travel around without any plan. One day he was working on music, went to Ttukseom Island just to rest his mind and wrote “Reflection.”
Namjoon keeps losing his stuff. A LOT!!
As of now, he is on his 34th pair of AirPods.
(Namjoon, if you are reading this, next time, use our affiliate links. LOL)
He’s no stranger at losing things. He has lost his passport many times. Namjoon probably needs a personal assistant specifically to keep track of his latest AirPods. During a chat with his fans on the South Korean video streaming site V Live on December 14, the 25-year-old revealed that he has lost no less than 33 pairs so far.
FUN FACT!!!: BTS Jungkook has a hobby of collecting Bluetooth Speakers!
RM’s ideal GF qualities😉
- His ideal type is a woman who has a sweet voice and a pale skin.
- She should be in shape, smart, and looks good in a pair of red converse.
- He prefers girls of his age or older than him.
- On one radio program, he chose singer-songwriter Younha as his ideal type, saying he loves all of her songs.
- He once said in an interview that if he ever had a non-idol girlfriend, he’d want to write a song for her. In that song, he’d apologize for being an idol since his schedule is always so busy.
Namjoon is a very passionate man.
RM “The god of Destruction.“
RM is called “The god of destruction” for often failing to control his power and breaking things around him. With his “destructive” hand, he once ripped off Jungkook’s shirt while performing “Fake Love” onstage. Fans loved it. He also once broke the glass floor, which was a part of a music video set for “Blood, Sweat and Tears” while dancing.
Namjoon is the clumsiest member of the group, and this has got him into a lot of trouble.
Namjoon’s nickname was ‘Dance Prodigy.’
Actually, Namjoon’s dancing skills were not good at first. He was so bad at dancing that his dance teacher and company staff called him that. Maybe he could dance battle with Chen, the ‘dancing machine’ of EXO.
Fans also used to make fun of his dancing skill out of love, but now he’s improved a lot. Keep improving boi!
Namjoon fun facts
- Namjoon gets his smile from his mum.
- He has composed/written over 100 songs.
- He’s the tallest BTS member. He is 181 centimeters tall, towering over the member of BTS.
- Before joining Big Hit Entertainment in 2010, RM was an underground rapper whose stage name was Runch Randa.
- He started gaining interest in hip-hop after listening to Epic High’s hit “Fly.”
- Namjoon snores. Seokjin once complainted about him.
- The superpower he wants is Invisibility.
- Big Hit Entertainment’s CEO Bang Si-hyuk decided to form Bangtan Boys after meeting Namjoon.
- As a child, Namjoon had a thing for uniforms and wanted to become an apartment security guard.
- He doesn’t have a religion.
- During his childhood (age 15), Namjoon’s TOEIC score was 850 out of 990.
- Namjoon is the one who wrote the lyrics of “No More Dream” because he had no dreams when he was in school.
- He is the spokesperson [in charge of speaking in English] for BTS in foreign media interviews.
- He learned English by watching NBC’s hit sitcom “Friends.” (He said it on Ellen)
- Often forgetting to return the stuff he borrowed from other members, he once took V’s earphones and didn’t return them for two months.
- Namjoon had lost his passport in 2016 and 2017 while touring Northern Europe and Chile, respectively. Members say they are now used to it.
- He’s really smart with an IQ of 148. During his childhood, he ranked in the top 1% of the nation in his high school exams.
- If he focuses on something, he gets really into it. He said he’d searched interview articles about a designer of his favorite figure to know more about its design.
- If he was a girl, he would date J-Hope, since he’s like a caring mother in the dorm.
- On one radio program, RM was chosen as the member most likely to have a playboy image.
- Namjoon said if he didn’t join BTS, he would have become a writer or a poet.
- Namjoon loves nature. This inspired his fans to build the “BTS RM Forest No 1” as a way to celebrate his 25th birthday.
Thanks for reading!
Stay Healthy Stay Happy Stay Safe!!!