T.O.P Choi Seung-hyun (BIGBANG)
Choi Seung-hyun, better known by his stage name T.O.P is th Unnie (Oldest Member) of the KPOP sensation boy group BIGBANG, one of the best-selling and most popular KPOP boy groups of all time, under YG Entertainment.. He is the main rapper of the group and is known for his deep and sexy voice. BIGBANG made their debut on August 19th, 2006.
Birth Name: Choi Seung-hyun
Stage Name: T.O.P
Birthday: 4th November 1987
Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
Position: Lead Rapper, Vocals, Visuals
BIGBANG TOP Choi Seung-hyun Facts!
Choi Seung-hyun Lost over 20KGs in about a month!
Choi was introduced to YG Entertainment by G-Dragon. But he got rejected due to his overweight. YG said that he is too fat for a KPOP boy group. But his dedication towards rapping and the idea to prove everyone wrong gave him a boost in his will power.
He worked-out hard and lost over 20 Kilos (about 45lbs) in 40 days! That’s an amazing transformation right there! Later he was selected by YG as a trainee. T.O.P showed all the V.I.P’s that you can achieve anything if you commit to something.
Childhood Facts & Family!
– He has a sister. Choi Hye Yoon is her name.
– He sleepwalked when he was a child.
– He was introduced to YG Entertainment by his childhood neighbor G-Dragon.
– Choi was a little fat. YG rejected Choi telling him, “He was too fat for a KPOP boy group.”
– He was not good at studies.
– He wanted to become a rapper from his childhood. Western rappers inspired him for this.
Favorite Food & Drinks!
– He loves Sushi. Tuna sushi is his favorite.
– He can calculate calories in food very fast.
– Choi has a sweet tooth.
– He loves to eat meat.
– T.O.P loves good food presentation, and he posts it if it looks good on his Instagram.
Choi donated 100 Million won (about 100 grand!)
TOP, as humble and kind as he is, donated 100 million won, which is about 100k US dollars to a Covid relife charity fund. He donated his money to a charity in South Korea called “Hope Bridge Association Of The National Disaster.” He also didn’t brag or showed off about his donation to this charity, which shows how humble he is.
Let’s go T.O.P!!!!
V.I.P, wanna Donate to the same charity? Here is the link to their website!
More T.O.P Choi Facts!
– His favorite color is Pink.
– He’s the UNNIE of BIGBANG.
– He knows to beatbox.
– He has a stubborn character.
– He likes reading books.
– He knows how to swim.
– He was not good at his studies, and his marks were low.
– He wears a lot of clothing instead of less and too revealing clothes
– He was an underground rapper before his career as T.O.P.
– He is the tallest member of the group with a whopping 5’11 height.
– He was known by the name TEMPO, among his fellow underground rappers.
T.O.P’s Career outside of BIGBANG!
Choi Seung-hyun has a successful career both in and outside of BIGBANG. He has released several super hit singles, among which his single “DOOM DADA” is most notable.
Choi also gave a shot to an acting career and has been a part of several movies, Korean dramas, and TV Shows. ‘”Commitment (2013),” “Iris (2009),” “Tazza: The Hidden Card (2014)”‘ are a few of Choi’s acting career milestones.
about T.O.P Choi Seung-hyun’s Military Service!
In 2017, Choi Seung-hyun started his compulsory South Korean military service. Later he was found guilty for the usage of marijuana on duty. Later was sentenced to 10-month probation and discharged from his military service.
What is BIGBANG T.O.P doing now!?
He came on Instagram Live, drunk and intoxicated, looking all slim and unhealthy and was saying that “I’m not feeling well.” Fans say he was in depression. These were a few dark days of his life. But as of now, he has recovered or is recovering. He looks pretty fine on his Instagram feed, but only T.O.P himself can say whether he’s all right or not.
But for now, he is taking a break from everything and enjoying his life. He is into arts and crafts now! And have to say those paintings are pretty good! He also posts his latest works on his Instagram. Here is one of his T.O.P Masterpiece…
View this post on Instagram
Check out BIGBANG members Profile & Facts!
BTS Member Profiles & Facts!!!